| What is the CMN Project Directory?
The purpose of the Community Mapping Network Project Directory is to make valuable information about community mapping projects around the world available to both local and international communities.
For each project the geographic location, and in some cases specific features of the project sites are shown on an interactive global atlas. A detailed description about each project is also available that provides the projects’ goals, methods, and status.
Each project in the atlas has an associated descriptive report that includes important contact information and organization name. Viewers are encouraged to contact the organization to ask questions about the projects or to find out how they can get involved. Since many of the community mapping projects are ongoing, information found in this directory is constantly being updated.
Who should add a project in the CMN Project Directory?
The aim of many of the mapping projects is to collect natural resource information about fish and wildlife species and sensitive riparian, fresh water and marine habitats. Mapping typically takes place in rural and urban areas to assist planning sustainable communities and should also be used as a vehicle for empowering community conservation and stewardship of natural resources.
The more individuals and groups that become part of the community mapping network directory the greater our knowledge base of efforts being undertaken on a global scale. The future of our planet and the general health of our natural resources will benefit by communicating knowledge about successful local, community-based projects.
Go to top
How do I add my project or organization?
First time users:
This site was developed for Internet Explorer (some functions might not work with Netscape).
||To view this map, you must download the latest version of the Autodesk Mapguide plug-in. Click the image below to go to the download page.
||Review the help pages for general instructions on how to use the Mapguide plug-in (you can refer back to these pages at any time by using the right-click (while the mouse is over the map) and select About -> Help Contents.
||Click on the map below and enter the location of your project or organization.
- Zoom in to the area where your project is taking place (or at the office location of your organization).
- Make sure that you are zoomed in below 1:4,000,000 scale (meters).
- Once zoomed in at the correct location, click on the "Add a Project" tab in the top frame. Move your mouse over the map (you will see that your pointer has changed to a pointing hand) click on the map at the location representing your project or office.
- A form will pop up, please fill in as many fields as you like and click on the "Submit" button.
- Click on the "Refresh Layer" button to view your new point (red flag).
- You can review the data you have entered by selecting the flag on the map and clicking on the report button .
- If you have any questions or would like to change / correct the information that you entered, please contact us via e-mail.
- Click on the HELP tab for more detailed instructions.
Note: We are working towards making this application as useful and user-friendly as possible. If you have suggestions or had trouble adding your project on the map based on these instructions, please contact us via e-mail and we will respond as promptly as possible. Thank You.
Enter your project: click on the map below
Go to top